Michael deMeng 1 Day Class @ Zinnia
Assemblings of a Mad Watchmaker
Dates: June 22, 2012
Zinnia - A Space for Contagious Creativity
1024 Mission Street, South Pasadena, CA 91001
1. A pocket watch, compact, or locket. Some companies sell basic watch housings without the innards. …like Tim Holtz or Somerset.
2. Variety of small found objects that might be interesting additions like more watch parts, gears, typewriter parts, milagros, bolts, pieces of old metal, small train figures, glass eyes…anything.
3. A sheet of clear mica
4. Collage elements
5. Masking tape –Tan colored
6. Paint Brushes (a couple small detail brushes, and some cheap brushes (1/2 inch to 1 inch in size)
7. String, twine and wire (a couple of different smaller gauges)
8. Matte Medium – fluid
9. Paint (acrylic…preferably Golden brand…either fluid or heavy body will work) small tubes will be fine.
a. Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold
b. Black (Mars or Carbon)
c. Titanium White
d. Pthalo Green (blue shade)
e. Dioxazine Purple
f. Van Dyke Brown
g. Quinacridone Crimson
h. Pthalo Blue
10. A smattering of screws, bolts, nails (different sizes)
a. Dap Kwik Seal Plus (white)- get this at the hardware store (you can also use molding or modeling paste)
a. Heat gun
c. Basic tools – i.e. pliers, hammer, etc.